POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : For those who oppose the death penalty : Re: A joke for John Server Time
16 Aug 2024 22:12:56 EDT (-0400)
  Re: A joke for John
From: Simen Kvaal
Date: 20 Jan 2002 12:17:57
Message: <3c4afbc5@news.povray.org>
"Bill DeWitt" <bde### [at] cflrrcom> wrote:
>     So you feel that the folks who did Monte Python -really- want to go
> around cutting off people's limbs? Robin Williams did a long improv about
> crippled people baking in the sun, do you think he has the "mindset" of
> someone who would really tie a legless man out in the dessert?

Absolutely not! I was not even hinting at it. I was reacting to the comment:

>>>"The sad fact is that your
>>> humorless, self-satisfied spiritual pride is more typical of the
>>>"mind-set"
>>> of people who would actually -do- such things.

as Greg M. Johnson stated. I should have cut off the quotation a litte bit
earlier, leaving out the "mindset"-part, then my reaction would be clearer.

But on the other hand, I cannot interpret mr. VanSickles original posting as
a mere burlesque joke, referring to the subject-line he chose.

regards,
Simen.